Monday 27 April 2020

Group crit - Website feedback from Zac

Hi Izzy,

- I think the images on the main page need shrinking down a bit, especially with the scroll over and changing element as I find it hard to see the original images as I accidentally change it by scrolling over it if you get me ahaha
- Also, I feel like there is a lot of projects on there so maybe try and condense them down to 6-8 of your best ones like Alec advised as it can be a bit overwhelming, I personally like the greeting cards, find a fry, cassette, Amsterdam postcards, colgate, illustrations ( but maybe create a separate page for this to keep it away from briefs), and your wonder cover.
- I would definitely have the stamps and menu as mock-ups as you can't really understand its place on the page with the way it is currently.
- The hallmark brief, I would just make very noticeable on your about page as I feel like even though it is good, it doesn't show your current skillset and looks a bit weak in comparison to your other briefs due to the image quality.
- Your logo is nice and definitely on-brand with your work, I would maybe keep it like you have it or maybe make it wink or smile or something, but don't make it a big flashy gif as it might be overwhelming with your other imagery and the flow of the website
- I quite like your copywriting, its simple and lets the imagery do the speaking which i think is best to be honest!



To gain feedback on my website i gave questions to the sections/elements which were bugging me the most. The main elements i wanted feedback on was the layout of the website and the content on the website with being conflicted to what to keep and get rid of. From the feedback the main takeaways to improve are to defo get rid of some projects - with having the highlights on the website - perhaps having illustrations a separate page?? Also for the Hallmark project it is agreed that this project should just be highlighted in my about page, not on the projects page. From the feedback i am happy with the branding and that it does communicate my practice - its just little changes now to make the most effective website.


No comments:

Post a Comment