Tuesday 4 February 2020

Logo initial Ideas - re branding myself

With choosing to rebrand Ikldesign, I wanted to update the brand to suit my design ambitions and style now. The main reasoning to re brand myself is to eliminate the restrictions that the logo and character combination currently give me. Within my design practice I love to be illustrative and do like to design characters, however I am moving towards just being illustrative instead so I don't want to use my past characters from my projects as the imagery now, so the branding can be cohesive on all projects and avenues I want to explore as a creative. My past branding focuses and a light blue hue with representing me in a 'cute' way for the logo. With starting to re brand I would like to completely change everything, yet still remain the same playful identity, in a more professional sense. 

(colour palette combinations)

The first part of the re brand was to find a colour palette that reflects me and also is a cohesive mix. Due all my projects using colour, in particular lighter hues, I wanted a bright colour palette that can represent myself and my love for colour. From testing the colour palettes with initial logo combinations, I decided that the different hues of pink suited my best, with peers stating that Pink is my colour. With the three different pinks, it adds depth but also creates a cohesive palette.
(Logo Initial Ideas)

From the colour palette chosen, I mostly used pink, yet still used possible colour combinations to create the logo initial ideas. With wanting to be more subtle with the use of a character, I thought that perhaps making the illustration style more simple and the shapes more simple would modernise and update my brand, whilst also not restricting myself in all senses. I played with type more, with being a smaller brand I wanted my primary logo to include the name and then in the future I may be able to have a secondary logo of just the imagery. I experimented with having a filled shape, line and the combination of the type and imagery. I then moved from having a filled imagery to just taking elements, like the smile to be used alongside the type. From all ideas myself and peers preferred the type with the smile, which incorporates the title from the 'I'. This idea communicates my love for playful design whilst also enhancing my design mantra of creating design for the purple of spreading positivity. I chose this logo to then further develop, with wanting to test a different more approachable typeface for the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment