Tuesday 11 February 2020

Follow up on the promotion session

From the session around self promotion it has made me re think some of my briefs a bit and think about the bigger picture to where I want to see my design work and who I'm targeting as a designer.

My goal at the current moment in design is to work as a designer for Flying Tiger, due to it being my favourite store to which playful illustrative designs can be found on their products. I am also very fascinated with Scandinavian culture, to which can be seen in some of my previous work, to which flying tiger is based.

As well as Flying tiger, as far as I can remember I have loved 'cute' playful designs, such as those of David & Goliath and Paperchase ranges, therefore having the chance to work for or seeing my work as apart of these brands would be something I'd love.

To have my work seen and targeted to get me to my design ambitions I need to be having briefs to which suit these brands. I am currently designing for the Uk greetings competition to which fits my ambition in wanting my designs to be In Paperchase and the Something More collaborative brief which ended up in a card game suits Flying tiger as a product. However, I would like my other briefs to be considered to strategise and help me with reaching my design goals, as right now the self initiated briefs I believe aren't reaching my full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment