Tuesday 24 March 2020

Development of branding elements



With having the final logo acquired for the re brand of ikldesign, the first branding element to design and to change was the business card. Within my old branding, I didn't make a business card as the brand was solely for social media and Easy, so all I required was a thank you card for orders. However, with becoming a professional designer, it seemed impressive to finally get a business card that can represent me well. My first idea was to have the card be a mini portfolio, with liking the idea of using some of my favourite designs/pattern as the reverse to my information. This way, the recipient would be more inclined to keep my business card and therefore have a look at my socials or work. The problem with this however is that the pink back with the info might not be coherent depending on the artwork chosen, so I developed the idea with just having a white back with the pink branding colour as the border. I loved my artwork being distributed, with this being a good way to represent myself and my type of projects as a designer but with feedback, peers stated that they would actually prefer a more minimalist approach. I stripped back the concept and instead had my logo as the imagery, which is simple yet does the job. To find a balance between the project imagery and logo I then decided to tweak the brand supporting imagery of the smile and added a speech bubble. This imagery represents myself well with further displaying the fun, friendly and approachable aspect of my design and myself as a designer. From the options I Decided to take the hello idea with it being harmonious with my other branding, engaging, fun and a design that will be remembered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment