Saturday 11 January 2020

Emailing studio's/companies

Emailing studio's/companies for work placement/networking

With this year having to focus on industry and my design career after University, I investigated design companies that I could potentially network with and perhaps have a placement with that could help me gain knowledge and experience in the field. From the PPP session around placement proposals I took the advice to use the subject line as placement proposal in order for the email to be memorable and I also addressed in the email the value exchange that would be gained within the placement. With each company I was personal to a specific project or skill to which I have or interest which would suit the company, in orderer it to be clear to what they would gain from me as well as me gaining from them. Also, with taking upon the PPP's session, I requested a specific date (week) so that the conversation would be straight forward and the company would know what I was asking of them. I also decided to state one week because of two due to wanting to have experience in two different places and also perhaps already gaining a week with Craft Stamper with talks already happening. I emailed; Noodoll, Mamas & Papas, Splinter and Young studio. I would have contacted Flying Tiger Copenhagen however having one week in Copenhagen just wasn't viable at this point.












No comments:

Post a Comment